Alongside one of our partners, Freeman, edgefactory was on location in the Washington Convention Center for SIR 2017. We loved this opportunity to add energy, emotion, and edge to such an exciting annual event.
A Global Stage for Interventional Radiology
From March 4th – March 9th, 2017, some of the top minds in science and interventional radiology met in Washington, D.C. for their annual Society of Interventional Radiologists. This year’s SIR 2017 was designed to meet the educational needs of practicing interventional radiologists, IRs in-training, diagnostic radiologists, and other physicians with a special interest in IR. It is the only venue offering IR education designed specifically for clinical associates. The meeting also offers a supportive and highly interactive introduction to IR for medical students who may be considering the specialty as their focus. No other meeting offers the diversity of topics, the range of learning environments, the unparalleled access to expert faculty and leading thinkers in the specialty.
Some key events that happened at this year’s conference are:
• Expert discussion on current treatments, needs and future trends of minimally invasive vein treatments
• Abstracts from across the global on the diagnosis, pathology and management of venous disease
• The latest technologies for diagnosis, triage and intervention in massive and sub-massive pulmonary embolism
• Networking with peers from around the world, offering unique perspectives on this rapidly changing specialty
• Seminars on acute and chronic DVT
• Skills workshops on management of occlusive disease and venous insufficiency
Adding Some Edge to SIR
edgefactory had people on site for the entire event making day to day changes and updates. Our team applied EDGE to every aspect of the project from designing show looks, meeting opener videos, dynamic motion graphic backgrounds for the general session, as well as handling the look and feel for dozens of breakout rooms with SIR-TV. We even had a last minute request to repackage MSNBC’s Morning Joe TV show to Morning SIR for an informal and comical plenary session with remote feeds and featuring fake Drumpf tweets. Our award-winning team shown brightly this week as we were able to handle everything that that the client needed from us and more, our team displayed what it’s really like to add edge to your brand!
Check out our highlight video from SIR17 here!
To learn more about SIR click here!